In the past 20 years, more than 130 major landfills in the state of Missouri have been closed permanently due to trash overload.
Facts About Wastes
Some import facts are:
- In the past 20 years, more than 130 major landfills in the state of Missouri have been closed permanently due to trash overload.
- Home construction, remodeling and demolition projects are responsible for 25 to 30 percent of the nation’s annual municipal solid waste.
- On a nationwide basis, green waste recycling can keep 23% of waste out of landfills.
- Although the EPA estimates that 75% of solid waste is recyclable, only about 30 percent is actually recycled.
- The estimated annual total sales of the remanufacture industry is $53 billion.
- The industry directly employs 480,000 with many more indirect jobs.
- Energy savings by remanufacturing worldwide per year equals the electricity generated by five nuclear power plants or 10,744 barrels of crude oil, which corresponds to a fleet of 233 oil tankers.
- In 2007, Americans threw out about 570 billion pounds of municipal solid waste.
- In 2007, Americans generated 254 million tons of solid waste before recycling.
- $2,000,000+ has been saved by Missouri State government on waste hauling services as a result of recycling from 2007 to 2012.
- Increasing the national waste diversion rate to 75% will create 1.5 million additional jobs by 2030.
Call 636-294-9502 for a waste audit.
We’ll assess materials and load size/type, then give you a quote based on your needs!